Great fun is in store for children at Kerry Writers’ Museum’s Creative Arts Summer Camp which runs from Monday July 23rd to Friday July 27th inclusive.Our Creative Arts Summer Camp will take place daily from 10 am to 2 pm and is open to children aged 7 to 11 years. The camp features a unique programme of creativity and adventure with activities included creative writing, arts & crafts, Tech Space creative digital technology and tours of Listowel Castle and Kerry Writers’ Museum. The Camp provides children with a chance to develop character, learn new skills, make new friends and discover new interests. Above all the aim of our Creative Arts Summer Camp is to develop the creative spirit of young people in a fun atmosphere.
CREATIVE WRITING will encouraged campers to use their imaginations to create stories and poems, develop new characters and learn how every day experiences can create a great literary work. Campers will be take on a tour of the Kerry Writers’ Museum and be inspired by the great writers from their area.
TECH SPACE offers an introduction and hands on approach to learning about circuits and motors from glowing greeting cards to moving robots. Using Makey Makey kits, campers will learn creative ways to interact with computers becoming aspiring creators and inventors.
ARTS & CRAFTS will provide campers with the opportunity to create great works of art. Using various mediums from paper mache to mosaics campers will learn to produce beautiful objects that can take home with them.
This is just a sample of what is on offer at the Kerry Writers’ Museum’s Creative Arts Summer Camp
Camp Fee: First child €80, second child €70, third child €60 (from the same family)
- Pre-booking is essential
- Payment is regarded as acceptance of the booking conditions
- Cancellations are subject to forfeiture of payment
- The Museum reserves the right to modify and delete any activity in the event of any unforeseen circumstance
- Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis, and is limited to 20 participants.
- Permission is granted to seek medical treatment in the event of an accident
- Any medical conditions must be fully explained in writing to the Camp coordinator prior to commencement
- Permission is granted to take photographs of participants for publicity purposes only.