Kerry Writers’ Museum hosts a varied programme of cultural events on a year round basis. Events are regularly updated as they occur and appear on our home page.
Write Mix Summer Camp
July 29 @ 10:00 am - August 2 @ 2:00 pm€90
Great fun is in store for children at Kerry Writers’ Museum’s Write Mix Summer Camp which runs from Monday 29th to Friday August 2nd inclusive. Our Write Mix Summer Camp will take place daily from 10 am to 2 pm and is open to children aged 8 to 12 years. The camp features a unique programme of creativity and adventure with activities including creative writing, arts and crafts, Tech Space creative digital technology and tours of Listowel Castle and Kerry Writers’ Museum. The Camp will provide your child with a chance to develop character, learn new skills, make new friends and discover new interests. Above all the aim of our Write Mix Summer Camp is to develop the creative spirit of young people in a fun atmosphere.
CREATIVE WRITING will encouraged you to use your imagination to create stories and poems, develop new characters and learn how every day experiences can create a great literary work. You will be taken on a tour of the Kerry Writers’ Museum and be inspired by the great writers from your area.
TECH SPACE offers an introduction and hands on approach to learning about circuits and motors from glowing greeting cards to moving robots. Using Makey Makey kits, you will learn creative ways to interact with computers, becoming aspiring creators and inventors.
ARTS AND CRAFTS will provide you with the opportunity to create great works of art. For example, you can illustrate the story or poem you have written in the creative writing class. Using various mediums from papier mache to mosaics, you will learn to produce beautiful objects that you can take home with you.
This is just a sample of what is on offer at Kerry Writers’ Museum’s Write Mix Summer Camp.
- Pre-booking and pre-payment is essential
- Payment is regarded as acceptance of the booking conditions
- Cancellations are subject to forfeiture of payment
- The Museum reserves the right to modify and delete any activity in the event of any unforeseen circumstance
- Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis, and is limited to 20 participants.
- Permission is granted to seek medical treatment in the event of an accident
- Any medical conditions must be fully explained in writing to the Camp coordinator prior to commencement
- Permission is granted to take photographs of participants for publicity purposes only.