Kerry Writers’ Museum Mission Statement
Kerry Writers’ Museum collects, safeguards, holds in trust, displays and interprets a variety of material and objects relating to the rich literary heritage of County Kerry, and the cultural, social & political heritage of Listowel & North Kerry. We provide research opportunities and educational & cultural activities for the local community, students and our many visitors.
In fulfilment of this Mission, the museum aspires to:
- Communicate the work of the Kerry writers to the widest possible audience
- Enhance the visitor experience at the Kerry Writers’ Museum through the provision of creative, engaging and informative exhibits
- To develop, strengthen and sustain the Museum’s role as an education organisation through exhibitions, targeted activities and other outreach programmes.
- To provide specialist services for researchers and students by continually developing, documenting and promoting our collection.
- To operate with integrity and provide equal access for all.
Kerry Writers’ Museum Education Mission Statement
Kerry Writers’ Museum is committed to providing a wide range of socially inclusive educational & cultural opportunities for the lifelong discovery and enjoyment of the works & lives of the Kerry writers and the cultural, social & political heritage of Listowel and North Kerry.
The role of education is fundamental to achieving a high level of visitor satisfaction.