Easter Creative Camp
‘Whatever you think it’s going to be… It will be different, but you will love it!’
Our museum mascot Púca the Hare invites children from all over North Kerry and beyond to our Easter Creative Camp at Kerry Writers’ Museum which runs from Wednesday April 20th to Saturday April 23rd inclusive. The Camp will take place daily from 10 am to 12 noon and is open to children aged 8 to 12 years. The programme will focus on creativity and adventure with activities including storytelling and story making, creative writing and illustration. Our Camp provides children with a chance to develop character, learn new skills, make new friends, discover new interests and just have fun! Above all the aim of our Easter Creative Camp is to develop the creative spirit of young people in a fun atmosphere.
CREATIVE WRITING will encouraged campers to use their imaginations to create stories and poems, develop new characters and learn how every day experiences can create a great work of literature. Campers will be taken on a tour of the Kerry Writers’ Museum to be inspired by the great writers from their area and discover mythical stories of Kerry on the Púca the Hare Story Trail.
ILLUSTRATION will provide campers with the opportunity to illustrate the stories they create.
STORYTELLING: Campers will explore Ireland’s National Heritage of myth, legend, storytelling and story making with our Storyteller in Residence Maria Gillen.
Camp Fee: €50
(Sibling Discounts available)
- Pre-booking is essential
- Payment is regarded as acceptance of the booking conditions
- Cancellations are subject to forfeiture of payment
- The Museum reserves the right to modify and delete any activity, in the event of any unforeseen circumstance
- Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis, and is limited to 15 participants.
- Permission is granted to seek medical treatment in the event of an accident
- Any medical conditions must be fully explained in writing to the Camp coordinator prior to commencement
- Permission is granted to take photographs of participants for publicity purposes only.
To book your place on our Easter Creative Camp email email@example.com or telephone 068 22212.